The Redesigned Kia Logo: What You Need to Know About the “KN” Car Brand
Everything You Need to Know About Kia’s Logo Switch
Kia Motors has recently undergone a major rebranding effort, including a complete overhaul of their logo. This change is not just cosmetic; it is part of a broader effort to redefine the company’s identity and establish itself as a leader in the automotive industry.
Kia’s new logo reflects the company’s commitment to innovation, progress, and modernity, and it represents a significant shift in the company’s image. In this blog, we will explore the story behind Kia’s rebranding effort, the inspiration behind the new logo, and how the new logo fits into the company’s broader marketing strategy. Continue reading to learn more!
Kia was first launched in 1944. The company was initially known as the Kyungsung Precision Industry and later changed to the Kia Motors Corporation. The brand name was stylized as KIA, which was the beginning of the development of the brand logo. Today, the South-Korean based automobile is a renowned car company serving clients from all over the globe.
The Kia Logo Evolution Over the Years
- 1944-1964: The original logo design was a little more complex than what we have today. It was created when the company focused on manufacturing bicycles and bicycle parts. The logo featured three diamonds around a circular gear, and the word KIA is spelled out in another diamond in capital letters.
- 1964-1986: The company started marking cars which changed its profile. The new logo was similar to an upside-down letter Q. Generally, it was made of a green circle with one diagonal line extending from the top right corner.
- 1986-1994: Kia has now been manufacturing cars for quite some time. During this time, the company re-introduced the stylized word mark as the major component of the logo. The logo was a stylized word of the brand name made of thick, bold lettering. The top of the letter K was replaced by a curvy line which is more of a waving flag.
- 1994-2021: In the 1990s, Kia designed one of the most significant changes in the company logo. The period saw the arrival of the base of KIA’s current brand logo. It was composed of a red oval with the word KIA spelled inside. Unlike previous designs, the new creation was intended to be as simple as possible. The official color palette of the brand was red and white. Red represents the company’s energy and passion, while white represents purity and loyalty.
- 2021 to date: The latest version of the KN car brand is fun, futuristic, and youthful. It is sometimes displayed in black and others in red.
The Kia Lineup with the Updated Brand Emblem
From Sedans to SUVs and electric vehicles, Kia is manufacturing numerous awe-inspiring vehicles to live up to its most recent logo. The new lineup consists of the following:
- Kia 5
- Kia Rio
- Kia Forte
- Kia Stinger
- Kia Sportage
- Kia Soul
- Kia Niro
- Kia Seltos
- Kia Sorento
- Kia Carnival MPV
- Kia Telluride
- Sorento Hybrid
- Niro EV
Numerous car makers are constantly updating their logos and badging to give them a new, fresh look. Sure, rebranding can be quite hectic for any company. But in this case, Kia got it right.
The logo change is not a mere visual transformation. After all, the future is simple and incredibly technological. The new Kia logo represents rising, rhythm, and symmetry. It emphasizes the company’s dedication to bringing innovation and change to satisfy its customers.
Visit Burlington Kia to Buy Your Next Vehicle
Now that you understand what the “KN” car brand is, you can now explore its impactful beauty. It is inarguable that the new company logo is making a great impact, and our staff here at Burlington Kia is excited to find out what the future holds for the brand!
If you’re in the market for a new car, look no further than Burlington Kia! Our dealership has a wide selection of new and used cars to choose from, and our expert sales staff is here to help you find the perfect vehicle to fit your needs and budget. At Burlington Kia, we are committed to providing our customers with a top-notch car-buying experience, from start to finish. Visit our dealership or contact us today!